IHG Cluster Wedding Sales Manager in Hua Hin, Thailand
INTERCONTINENTAL HUA HIN & HOLIDAY INN VANA NAVA HUA HIN
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Wedding Sales Manager is responsible for contracting and closing wedding business and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving wedding sales revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Sales and Marketing related duties and responsibilities for InterContinental Hua Hin and Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin under the general guidance and supervision of 2 properties Director of Sales & Marketing, and within the limits of established Wedding Sales policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of Sales activities related to Wedding, Engagement and private events (birthday, anniversary, retirement, re-vow etc.).
Responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of wedding sales strategies for both properties. Oversee and assist with the development and implementation of wedding sales plans. Support the management of the sales reporting on effectiveness of the plan. Promotes the desired work culture around the Winning Ways of the IHG Hotels Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitors competitors activities and assist gathering in wedding market intelligence
· Refers sales leads to appropriate personnel within IHG
· Sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rates for the benefit of the business
· Sell all facets of the member hotels
· Manages wedding events in line with budget expectations
· Manage all contact points preferred hotel program for companies in their portfolio
· Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of target market, seek partnership and create the comprehensive wedding community within company group.
· Provides direction on, and conducts market research and analysis on their respective market.
· Develops and maintains contact with business generators, wedding planner, wedding organizers and other producers closely allied to Hotel business
· Builds profile of local and overseas market place through attendance at various events and local market place as the wedding destination.
· Evaluation of joint marketing opportunities & partnerships with key clients.
· Plan and conduct familiarization tours and site inspections
· Plans, attending, organize and executes Wedding Showcase, attend wedding fairs where appropriates to promote the hotels
· Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business
· Maintain regular contact with the IHG hotels in your region and the regional reservation office
· Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize business
· Grows existing business and establishes and pursues leads which will develop business
· Interfaces with operations on a timely basis.
· Assesses sales and marketing data.
· Assists with the preparation of tactical offers.
· Assists in the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
· Analyses sales mix and likely impact on hotel goals.
· Implement direction from Director of Sales & Marketing.
· Input and participant in the forecasting and delivery of managed market segments.
· Collateral input and placement.
· Meets and entertains decision makers (product managers/contracting managers that come to for inspection/negotiations) from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction
· Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
Human Resource Responsibilities
· Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department and hotel and keep your knowledge up to date, including legislative information
· Working with Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
o Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
o Supports training needs new Sales staff.
o Coaches, counsels new associates in on boarding process.
o Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
· Works with Director of Sales & Marketing in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties include:
o Monitor their own revenue targets monthly
o Participates in the preparation and planning of the of the departmental annual budget and goals
o Provides input to the annual budget and sales and marketing plan.
Drive For Results
· Compete against a standard of excellence by setting high performance standards and pursuing aggressive goals
· Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
Understanding the Business
· Adheres to Intercontinental Hotels Group Corporate Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and Hotel policies
· Demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses
· Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into accounts financial implications of business decisions and recommendations
· Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable
Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
· Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions
· Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs.
· Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations
· Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
· Adhere to hotel brand standards
· Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
· Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
· Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
· Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
· Implements procedures which enhance the guest experience
· Generate new ideas and encourage creativity from your staff
· Recognize the need for new and modified approaches
· Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments to deliver positive results
· Actively participate in wider hotel meetings
· Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication
· Be comfortable and effective in an environment of ambiguity or change
· Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner
· Complete tasks as directed by Management
Impact and Influence
· Promote your ideas persuasively, and shape the opinion of subordinates and overcome resistance
· Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems
· Establish influential contacts with suppliers
Leading and Developing People
· Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support
· Develop potential of others through coaching and development opportunities to build organization capability for the future.
· Understands and takes into account the global nature of the business; works effectively with colleagues from different view points, cultures and countries
Required Skills –
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Possess basic computational abilities.
· Extensive knowledge of the hotel and facilities.
· Knowledge in Travel Industry.
· Understands the market and its competitors.
· Leadership skills and knowledge of all tasks within the area of responsibility.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure
University graduate or equivalent education required
Three to five years experience in Sales & Marketing, including at least two year as Wedding Sales Manager and with managerial experience with international chain hotel
Job: Sales & Business Development
Location: Thailand-Hua Hin
Requisition ID: HUA000488